About Disability Attorney John V. Tucker
Throughout his 30-year career, disability attorney John V. Tucker has established a reputation for providing top-notch representation for individuals filing for disability benefits and insurance claims. Mr. Tucker leads a dedicated legal team with more than 40 years of combined experience helping individuals from all walks of life get the insurance or government benefits they deserve.
Mr. Tucker has represented thousands of people throughout Florida and the United States. He continues to fight for clients across the country handling claims, litigation, and appeals related to:
- VA Disability Appeals
- ERISA Disability Claims
- Long Term Disability Insurance Claims
- Disability Insurance Claims
- Florida Social Security Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death Claims
Ratings and Awards
In Mr. Tucker’s long-standing career, he has received several awards and ratings. Below, we highlight his recent ratings and awards.
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatingSM — received for his ethical standards and legal ability, this rating is the highest available through Martindale-Hubbell’s attorney peer review ratings.
- Martindale-Hubbell® Client Champion Award. — Mr. Tucker was selected for this award for another year running.
- 10/10 (Superb) by Avvo.com — an online lawyer rating and selection guide.
- SuperLawyer — Mr. Tucker has been named a SuperLawyer by SuperLawyer.com every year since 2014.
- Nation’s Top One Percent — Awarded by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel beginning in 2015.
“Mr. Tucker, John and his team were fantastic over the last couple of years. They took my case where most other Law firms wanted nothing to do with it.“
– Rodney D. Street
Originally from Louisville, Kentucky, Mr. Tucker studied at Bellarmine University and the University of Louisville before he moved to Florida where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Florida in 1988. He went on to receive his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Florida College of Law in 1991. While at UF’s College of Law, Mr. Tucker wrote for the Journal of Law and Public Policy.
Mr. Tucker is admitted to practice before all state courts of Florida, as well as the Middle, Northern, and Southern U.S. District Courts of Florida. He is also admitted to practice before the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims in Washington, D.C. When working on a case in another area of the country, he will obtain admission to the local court pro hac vice for the purpose of handling a specific case.
- Accredited to represent Veterans and practice before the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (‘VA’)
- Admitted to practice before the 11th Circuit Court of Appeal (1992 to present)., 1992
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida (1991 to present)., 1991
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida (1998 to present)., 1998
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, Washington, D.C. (2008 to present)., 2008
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida (1998 to present)., 1998
- National Organization of Veteran Advocates (NOVA) Board of Directors, 2021
- President, St. Petersburg Bar Association, 2002
- Broward County Bar Association, Member
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Former Editor and Member, Editorial Board – Paraclete, the magazine of the St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Saint Petersburg Bar Association, Member
- Clearwater Bar Association, Member
- Chair, American Association for Justice Social Security Disability Law Section, 2012
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
- American Association For Justice
- American Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Clearwater Bar Association
- Florida Association For Justice
- Hillsborough Bar Association
- National Association Of Disability Representatives
- National Organization Of Social Security Claimant’s Representatives
- National Organization Of Veterans’ Advocates
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
John Tucker currently serves on the Board of Directors for the St. Petersburg Free Clinic. In the past, he served multiple years on the Boards for the following organizations:
- Mid-Florida Chapter of the Multiple Sclerosis Society,
- Pinellas Opportunity Council (the organization responsible for supervising Head Start and other local programs)
- Girls, Inc. (formerly called Girls Clubs)
His community leadership also includes serving in the following organizations:
- President of St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Treasurer of the St. Petersburg Bar Foundation
- President of the High Noon Optimist Club of St. Petersburg
- Lt. Governor of the North Florida Region of Optimist International
He was also appointed by the President of the Florida Bar to serve on the Florida Bar Grievance Committee “D” hearing ethics complaints filed against lawyers.
Additionally, Mr. Tucker and the firm pledge to award two biannual scholarships to the community.
- Scholarship for Students With Disabled Parents
- Scholarship for Veterans and Children of Disabled Veterans
Contact John V. Tucker and Tucker Law Group Legal Team
If you are concerned about your disability claim or if you have had a claim denied, John V. Tucker and his team can help. We deliver excellent client service, and there are no upfront legal fees. To schedule a free consultation with an experienced attorney to discuss your disability insurance, ERISA or VA disability claim, call us toll-free at (866) 233-5044 or contact our office online.