Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Bad Faith and Employee Benefit (ERISA) Claims and Lawsuits
Helping you recover what you are entitled to
You rely on your insurance policy to cover you when you have a claim. But when the insurance company decides not to pay out, you need experienced lawyers to help you get the money you deserve.
The fact is that insurance companies are businesses, just like any other. Their goal is to make money and pay out as little as possible. Insurance adjusters work to minimize settlement value and deny claims outright, even to injured people with valid claims.
The Florida law firm led by John V. Tucker represents people throughout the Tampa Bay area who have been taken advantage of by insurance companies. These companies work for you, and our attorneys remind them of that. We take on the insurance companies to fight for your right to compensation.
Disability insurance—also known as income replacement insurance—falls into two categories:
- Employer-sponsored insurance, covered by ERISA (the federal Employee Retirement Income Security Act)
- Individually purchased disability income insurance, covered by State insurance law
Companies often provide employees the option to purchase disability insurance or provide the disability coverage as a free benefit. These policies are covered by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), a federal law. View the ERISA page on this website for more information on these claims.
Whether you are filing a claim under an employer’s ERISA disability plan or you are filing an individual disability insurance application, filing a claim for disability benefits can be complicated. Not knowing the laws surrounding these types of insurance claims can end with your claim being denied. You buy disability insurance to cover your bills in case you cannot work because of an illness or injury. You need experienced Florida insurance attorneys to handle your claim effectively. Contact our law firm to schedule your free initial consultation.
If an insurance company has wrongfully denied your claim to recover life insurance benefits after your loved one’s passing is denied, they are adding insult to injury. Luckily, experienced Florida insurance attorneys are on your side.
Our lawyers have successfully fought various denials on behalf of our clients, including—
- Improper enrollment in an insurance plan
- Improper beneficiary designations or disputes over which beneficiary should get paid
- Disputes about whether a death or dismemberment was an accident
- Conversion denials—when the insurance company denies your claim after you have switched life insurance policies from a group plan to an individual
- Premium waiver for disability—if you have been seriously injured, your insurance company may allow you to waive your premium payments
- Credit life insurance on mortgages or other loans
In a free phone consultation, our lawyers can discuss with you how to recover life insurance benefits and accidental death and dismemberment insurance benefits.
When you have been wronged, hire the right law firm
John V. Tucker and his attorneys and staff are committed to aggressively representing those who have been wrongfully denied insurance claims. If you feel we may be able to assist you, please call us toll-free at 866-282-5260 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.