5235 16th Street North, St. Petersburg, FL 33703
CALL TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION 866-282-5260 727-564-9050 CALL TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION 866-282-5260 727-564-9050

How to Get Your Social Security Tax Documents Online

USA Today reported on February 1st that the “Social Security Administration is kicking off a service that allows recipients to instantly view a replacement SSA-1099 online at www.socialsecurity.gov. The tax filer could print out that form and use it to prepare taxes. Form SSA-1099 is sent in January to those receiving Social Security benefits. It shows total benefits received for the previous year and is needed to file taxes.” Unfortunately, USA Today did not provide the precise website address…so I went looking on SSA’s website for you.

Here are Social Security’s online instructions for how to get your Form SSA-1099 on ssa.gov is the following address: https://faq.ssa.gov/ics/support/kbanswer.asp?deptID=34019&task=knowledge&questionID=3706.  You have to use your mySocial Security account, and if you do not have one yet, you have to create one here:  https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do.  If you already have an account, you simply have to login and follow the instructions.

You may also do one of the following if you do not have access to a computer:

  • Calling Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or
  • Contacting your local Social Security office.

You can find USA Today‘s original story here: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/02/01/social-security-baby-boomers/22613747/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form