Contact Our Disability Attorneys in Ohio
According to the United States 2016 Census, 35 percent of the Ohio population over 65 years old have a disability. Disabled people in Ohio deserve to receive the disability insurance benefits or veteran benefits that they need. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. If you have been denied disability insurance benefits or need to appeal a VA claim denial, then we can help. Our disability attorneys in Ohio offer a free consultation and would love the chance to offer you advice. We help our clients with the following:
How We Help
Disability Insurance Claims
Disability Insurance Through Your Employer or Group
Are you currently receiving disability insurance through your employer or group? If so, then it is likely covered by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). Employers are required to follow ERISA regulations if they offer their employees insurance benefits. Our Ohio disability lawyers handle ERISA claims, appeals and lawsuits nationwide. We are a nationally recognized law firm that believes in protecting the rights of employees in Ohio and throughout the nation.
Individual Disability Insurance in Ohio
If you have individual disability insurance, then ERISA does not apply. Rather, Ohio’s contract and insurance laws will apply instead. Consult with an Ohio disability attorney to learn how these laws will impact your insurance benefits.
While you expect your insurer to honor your insurance agreement, this does not always happen. If you have been unfairly denied your disability insurance benefits, then you may be eligible to file a bad faith insurance claim. Our attorneys can provide you with information about the bad faith statute of limitations in Ohio.
The Disability Insurance Claim Process
Are you considering filing a disability insurance claim? If so, then our disability attorneys in Ohio are here to offer you advice. The claims process will differ depending on whether your policy is an individual or ERISA plan. Below, we provide a general overview of the claims process in Ohio.
- Filing an initial claim. Review your situation with a disability insurance attorney before filing a claim. An experienced attorney can help you compile evidence and ensure that you meet the appropriate filing deadlines.
- Insurance company investigation. After filing a disability insurance claim, your insurance company will conduct an investigation. Always remember to have an attorney present during this portion of the claims process. He or she can ensure that proper procedures are followed by the insurance company.
- The appeals process. If your claim was denied, then you can file an appeal. However, the appeals process may vary depending upon whether you have individual disability insurance or an employer or group plan. Our disability lawyers in Ohio can help explain the differences between the two processes.
- Filing a lawsuit. After the appeals process is complete, you are eligible to file a lawsuit to recover your benefits. The process for filing a lawsuit may differ depending upon whether you have individual disability insurance or an employer or group plan. A disability insurance lawyer in Ohio can offer you advice on how to proceed.
VA Disability in Ohio
If you are a disabled veteran in need of benefits, then there is a system in place to help you get these benefits. However, you should begin the process as soon as possible. Many times, obtaining veterans benefits in Ohio is a complex process.
Ohio VA Resources
You can find more VA resources in Ohio through the VA website.
How to Win VA Disability Benefits in Ohio
In most cases, for a successful claim, you must:
- Provide documentation of your service
- Have a disability diagnosis from a medical professional
- Offer proof that your disability was caused or worsened by your service
The first step involves filing an initial application with the VA. You can do this by applying online at eBenefits. You can also go to your local regional office and turn in your application for processing.
If your claim is denied, then you must complete a Notice of Disagreement (NOD) form. Include as much information as possible about why your case should have been approved when filling this out. Our disability attorneys in Ohio can help you complete this paperwork.
Cities We Serve
At Tucker Law Group, we represent clients throughout the entire state of Ohio. Cities we serve include:
Contact Our Disability Attorneys in Ohio
If you need help receiving disability insurance benefits or VA benefits, then contact Tucker Law Group today for assistance. Our disability attorneys in Ohio can help you review your legal options. Contact us today at (866) 233-5044 to schedule a free initial consultation. You can also contact us online using our confidential contact form.