Contact Our Idaho Disability Lawyers for a Free Consultation
Are you suffering from an illness or injury that is keeping you from work? If you are looking to receive long term disability insurance benefits or appeal a claim for VA benefits, then our Idaho disability lawyers can help.
At Tucker Law Group, our nationally recognized firm will advise you on how to best recover your deserved benefits. We welcome discussing your case during a free consultation.
How We Help
Disability Insurance Claims
Employer or Group Disability Insurance in Idaho
Many people have their disability insurance provided to them by their employer. Others pay for coverage under an employee’s group disability plan. Either way, both plans are governed by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
ERISA has a major impact on long term disability and short term disability insurance claims. Contact our Idaho disability attorneys for assistance with your ERISA claim.
Individual Disability Insurance in Idaho
Anybody can purchase their own individual disability insurance coverage. However, individual disability insurance coverage is not subject to ERISA. Therefore, it is governed by contract laws and insurance policy in Idaho. A disability insurance attorney in Idaho can tell you more about the laws in your specific state.
If you are denied disability benefits by an insurance company, you can potentially file a bad faith insurance claim. Check with an experienced attorney to learn about the statute of limitations and your eligibility for filing a bad faith insurance claim in your state.
The Disability Insurance Claim Process
Disability insurance can help you put food on the table when you are unable to work due to injury or illness. However, the disability insurance claim process is often difficult to navigate without help. Fortunately, our firm can offer advice and guide you throughout the process.
- Filing an initial claim. There are several steps involved in filing an initial claim. First, you will start by completing the claimant forms. However, there are key differences between filing for group or individual disability insurance benefits. Our Idaho disability lawyers can help you distinguish between the two.
- Insurance company investigation. After filing, the insurance company will conduct an investigation. They typically examine your claim forms, medical records, physician’s forms and any other supporting evidence.
- The appeals process. After an investigation, the insurance company may choose to deny your disability claim. If this happens, then you can choose to appeal your claim. However, how you handle your appeal will depend on whether you have group or individual disability insurance coverage.
- Filing a lawsuit. If your appeal is denied, then you are eligible to file a lawsuit against the insurance company. The Idaho disability attorneys at Tucker Law Group can offer you advice on how to get the benefits you deserve.
VA Disability in Idaho
In Idaho, if you are an injured veteran and unable to work, then you may be eligible to receive VA disability benefits. However, the process for receiving these benefits is often long. Therefore, you will want to start your claim process right away. If you have received a claim denial, our disability lawyers can help you navigate the entire appeals process. We welcome discussing your claim denial and case during a free consultation.
How to Win VA Disability Benefits in Idaho
To file a successful disability claim, there are several standards that you must meet. According to the VA, you must have:
- Received a disability rating of a service-connected condition
- Served in active duty or inactive duty training
- Became injured or ill while serving or made an existing injury worse
After meeting these standards, you have several options for filing a claim. You can file online, through the mail or in-person at a regional office.
Appealing a VA Disability Claim Denial
If your claim is denied, then you can use a Notice of Disagreement to appeal part or all of the decision. A Decision Review Officer will determine, based on the evidence provided, to accept or deny your appeal. After receiving a denial, you can take your appeal to the Board of Veteran Appeals.
Our nationally recognized law firm has experience fighting for veterans throughout the state to recover compensation after a claim denial. Take advantage of our free consultation to discuss your appeal.
Cities We Serve
- Idaho Falls
- Coeur d’Alene
- Twin Falls
- Post Falls
- And more
Contact Our Idaho Disability Lawyers
If you are having trouble getting the disability benefits you need, then reach out to Tucker Law Group today. Our firm has the expertise to fight insurance providers and the government for the benefits you deserve. Contact us at (866) 233-5044 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.