Family & Medical Leave Act Lawyers Fighting For You
“FMLA” stands for the Family Medical Leave Act, a federal law that provides an eligible employee up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave during any 12-month period for a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to:
- The birth and care of a newborn child of the employee;
- Placement with the employee of a son or daughter for adoption or foster care;
- To care for a spouse, son, daughter or parent with a serious health condition;
- To take medical leave when the employee is unable to work because of a serious health condition;
- For qualifying situations arising out of the fact that the employee’s spouse, son, daughter or parent is on active duty or called to active duty status as a member of the National Guard or Reserves in support of a contingency operation.
At Tucker & Ludin, P.A., our employment attorneys fight for your rights when need to use your federally protected rights under the FMLA. If you think you have a case that involves leave that was improperly denied to you under the FMLA, please call Tucker & Ludin at (727) 572-5000 or use the Quick Contact form on the right, and someone in our office will respond to you soon.